Last Posted: Jan 21, 2021
- Bibliometric analysis of global sickle cell disease research from 1997 to 2017.
Okoroiwu Henshaw Uchechi et al. Hematology, transfusion and cell therapy 2020 Dec
- Age of first pain crisis and associated complications in the CASiRe international sickle cell disease cohort.
Tartaglione Immacolata et al. Blood cells, molecules & diseases 2021 Jan 88102531
- Post-Transcriptional Genetic Silencing of BCL11A to Treat Sickle Cell Disease.
Esrick Erica B et al. The New England journal of medicine 2020 Dec
- Gene therapy for sickle cell disease.
Olowoyeye Abiola et al. The Cochrane database of systematic reviews 2020 Nov 11CD007652
- Efficacy and safety of oral hydroxyurea in transfusion-dependent β-thalassaemia: a protocol for randomised double-blind controlled clinical trial.
Yasara Nirmani et al. BMJ open 2020 Oct 10(10) e041958
- Integrating Datasets on Public Health and Clinical Aspects of Sickle Cell Disease for Effective Community-Based Research and Practice.
Isokpehi Raphael D et al. Diseases (Basel, Switzerland) 2020 Oct 8(4)
- Screening for sickle cell disease in newborns: a systematic review.
Runkel Britta et al. Systematic reviews 2020 Oct 9(1) 250
- A Multicentre Pilot Study of a Two-Tier Newborn Sickle Cell Disease Screening Procedure with a First Tier Based on a Fully Automated MALDI-TOF MS Platform.
Naubourg Pierre et al. International journal of neonatal screening 2019 Mar 5(1) 10
- Evaluation of Technical Issues in a Pilot Multicenter Newborn Screening Program for Sickle Cell Disease.
Martella Maddalena et al. International journal of neonatal screening 2019 Mar 5(1) 2
- Newborn Screening for SCD in the USA and Canada.
El-Haj Nura et al. International journal of neonatal screening 2018 Dec 4(4) 36
Search Result Summary
- CDC Information (29)
- NIH Information (9)
- CDC Publications (9)
- Human Genome Epidemiologic Studies (298)
- GWAS Studies (13)
- Human Genomics Translation/Implementation Studies (228)
- Genomic Tests Evidence Synthesis (17)
- Genomic Tests Guidelines (9)
- Tier-Classified Guidelines (3)
- Non-Genomics Precision Health (6)
- Pathogen Advanced Molecular Detection (2)
- State Public Health Genomics Programs (18)
- Ethical/Legal and Social Issues (ELSI) (10)
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Public Health Genomics and Precision Health Knowledge Base are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the literature and news. Inclusion in the update does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.